Your businesses Video Marketing Techniques On YouTube need to be relevant on how to market on this massive video channel.
Do you know YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet?
Behind Google of course…But the funny thing is Google owns them both. Ha, catch up Bing, or any other mini Google want-to-be.
First things first..
FACT when we have a real question that really needs to be answered, 87% of all searches start in the search engines.
When we go to find answers to our questions on search engines, two things almost always comes up on the first page,
- Articles (content creation)
So, why not combine these two very powerful marketing strategies into one blog post with pure SEO Techniques as well?
Let’s get into this…
Multimedia Builds Trust
TRUST is the currency of the internet. One of the best ways to build TRUST is video.
We have to create our own voice, in our own message, with honest and personality inside and out, in these videos.
Personalize our products and services, create answers to questions your audience is looking for.
Aim to educate, be honest and just be real.
Trust is money on the internet…period…
Video Statistics From Statista
Here are some facts and stats on why we need more videos into our marketing efforts.
- The average time a person spends visiting a web page is 50 seconds. Add video and the time spent on the page increases exponentially to almost 360 seconds – That’s an increase of more than 700%, which is incredible.
- Over the last 3 years, video viewing has increased 5000% and there are 1.2 billion people around the world who connect to the internet to watch videos, search and shop using their mobile devices.
- On Facebook, video posts are shared 1200% more often than text and link posts, combined.
- 86% better conversion rate when adding video to the arsenal.
What does Marketing On YouTube really do for You?
- Personalizes your content. When putting videos in your content, always, always remember to put your video right beside the opt-in form. The super-secret trick that gets results.
- Feeding Lazy Bug Actual fact, 80% will only scan your content when reading. BUT what if I can get that 80% to watch a video?
- Creates an SEO powerhouse for Google and YouTube. Especially when you combine the two, blog post with video.
- Think about it this way, you are making mini-commercials for your online business. Without the sales-sell. Teach, Inform, Reviews.
- Most folks marketing online have this fear of creating videos. Imagine if you were doing it but some of your comp. wasn’t. Depending on the industry of course.
Big Fat Tip
When adding videos to content, put it near the top of the page, two or three paragraphs in.
Folks don’t want to wait and most won’t make it to the bottom of your content anyways.
Little mini-tutorial videos really personalize your brand and feeds lazy.
It’s basically going to brand you as a pretty cool person, nice fella, who has a grasp on the information at hand.
The Fear Of Video Production
”I’m not talking to a camera. I’m talking to you.”
Talk to the people, carry on that conversation, be transparent, be honest, be funny(without taking it too far), be nervous.
Practice a couple times before uploading them, but you get use to it.
Just like writing content, practice makes perfect, or routines make confidence builders or the more you do it, the more comfortable you will be.
Get To The Point
When you are making a video, try to get to the point as fast as possible.
Here’s the deal, MAKE SURE your personality is inside and out on that video.
Keep it simple.
Maybe 10-20 second intro, get into the meat of the subject
Make sure you remind people of who you are, what you are.
ALWAYS make some kind of CALL TO ACTION, too.
Fear Of Given Away too Much
People are scared that if we give away too much information, that people won’t needs us, not wanting to buy our products or services.
THAT’S’ A BOLD FACE LIE!!!
GIVE AWAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AFFORD…..
In the video, you can do this by personalizing the message and tell people, “here’s what I do, I go from here to here, point A to B to C.
Give them the answers.
There are wonderful things videos can do for you.
Most marketers don’t make videos.
It builds that one thing that turns into money online EVERYTIME……
Trust is the currency of the internet.
It’s not shiny buttons, fancy software, or 9$ answers on Warrior Forum…
It’s not the latest, greatest, “thing” that these clowns trick honest people to buy.
Everybody says videos are very important, video this or video that, here’s the deal…
What are you trying to do online?
Most will answer, making money…
AND that’s absolutely NOT YOUR JOB ONLINE!!!!
Your job is to build a list!!!
Your job is to build a subscriber base!!!
Make sure you put a face on the voice, making a personal connection, cause there are more people out here that are going to like you, then not like you.
YouTube Optimization Strategy
Follow this simple strategy for better SEO on any video social network.
- Change File Name to keywords before uploading
- Title- Be creative
- Description- Title-link-2-5 paragraphs
- Tags- break down title and 1-2 suggested tags
- Sharing- On YouTube, u can share to Twitter and Google Plus and then share on 2 or 3 other profiles
- Embed- On my blog posts
Bonus Tip, place an Opt-in form( in the sidebar of a website) right across from video embedded on the blog post.
Share On Other Networks As Well
After loading the video up and everything is good to go, if you set up all your social media in YouTube, it will send it out to all these platforms.
Only if the box is checked.
Put in our little blurb.
Put in the link to that post that has video in it.
After this, you will a few options to choose from.
You can send them to blog post or directly to that video.
I would send them to your website.
This gets them off social media platform and onto your site.
One on one with you and your message, and your reader on your website.
That shows we share on YouTube.
What NOT To Do When Sharing Content
After they watch the video, are interested in what you had to say I didn’t send them to a landing or sales page…..or a fat network marketing program.
I gave them the one thing that they actually were looking for, AN ANSWER to their question that they can trust and enjoy.
You don’t need silly software’s that blast everyone’s profiles.
This is called spamming, people.
Do you want your online presence to be known as a spammer?
I know I don’t.
GMAIL+GOOGLE PLUS+YOUTUBE= Perfection SEO
Gmail, YouTube channel, and Google Plus channels are named after your business.
Gives Google a clear signal on the who, what, where, when why and how, about your business.
Plus helps customers remember your business, looks crystal clear what you are about and just looks professional.
Finally, Techniques You Can Run With
Your Video Marketing techniques on YouTube should be a routine task that is built around your business purpose.
Most folks won’t read 1000, 1200 word content but if you add video, in one click, they are watching the blog post with your personal voice, like mini commercial(without all the salty-sale of course.)
Watching videos help time on site, personally branding helps them visualize who is speaking to them.
Remember people buy from people.
Thanks for listening.
Latest posts by Dustin Watson (see all)
- 13 Steps to Good Business Practices Online for any market - October 4, 2016
- WordPress | 10 Lessons Learned When Creating Blog Categories and Tags - July 13, 2016
- Best 10 tools for a internet marketing company start up that saves time and money. - June 14, 2016