How would you generate free traffic thru search engines?
The answer is fundamental tactics of optimizing content, sharing it out for all to see, plus put a little effort in creating content, you will get found by Google and others.
Don’t over think the optimizing strategy of trying to rank your content.
The best thing you can do is put effort into it, make the stuff eye candy for readers, and just write like you talk.
But do the work, because that’s where most folks fail online.
The SEO industry will have you chasing all kinds of different tactics or strategies that might just lead you into a deep and dark black hole of nothingness.
How can you be productive at running an effective online business if most of your time is gobbled up by just one piece of the pie?
There is so much more involved when thinking about ranking for search engines.
Optimizing Content| Basic Practices For Webmasters
Two types of optimization, On-Page and Off-Page.
On Page is what we, as webmasters, can do to our writings to earn the privilege for search engines to rank us.
You have to earn your spot on the top of rankings by creating something people want to read or solve a problem.
Off-Page is what we can do to distribute our content out on other media channels.
Here’s a list of On-Page SEO.
On-Page SEO includes:
- Blog posts and page copy that is written and optimized for quality
- Clean and formatting page URLS
- load speed
- Social sharing integration within your content or website.
- Essentially all of the elements you have control over relating to your website and the contents contained on its individual web pages.
- Keyword Research and Searcher Intent
- Title Tags
- Meta Description Tags
- Heading Tags
- Image Optimization
- Internal Link Anchor Text
Off-Page SEO includes
This is where we distribute our content on other media outlets like social media, forums, social groups, and communities, guest blogging, article marketing sites(which this one is a dying breed nowadays), anywhere you share off site is pretty much Off Page SEO.
Once again, think about quality and relevance to your specific business.
You can’t just link to irrelevant domain names.
Google really cleaned up backlinking strategies with Penguin and Panda updates a few years back so be careful.
Here’s just a few to get you started:
- Creating a high quality, natural backlink profile (aka having other high quality/authoritative sites link to your site naturally)
- Social sharing signals Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, YouTube..etc..
- Social bookmarking (Stumbleupon, Reddit)
- Forums that are related to business model.
- Groups and Disscussions on social sites..
- Fill Out All The Information In Social Media Channels.
Things that help with RANKING your Content
You have to earn search ranking, not try to cheat the system by using silly software, buying likes or followers, or automatic back linking Plugins.
Here’s a quick plan to start with:
- Write in your own words. Uniqueness sells.
- Add big images so I can see them. NO 300×300 or small images that really doesn’t look right.
- Make a video or podcast on the topic at hand so you can get ranked by the second biggest search engine, Youtube.
- Contextual links or outbound links when necessary.
- At least the 750-word length blog post. Short posts are harder to rank.
- Routinely create quality content with some research and effort put into it.
What Are We Trying To Accomplish Here Really?
The title is 60% of where Google starts crawling. Is it relevant? Does it speak for the rest of the content?
Is it specifically talking to a particular audience that your business is targeting?
Make this headlines interesting, draws attention, and gets real specific.
How many people are engaging with your blog?
Tweeting, liking, Plus 1’s, are they sharing?
Are you not being a sharing hog and caring others social content?
That’s the important factor, share three times more than you share your stuff.
And when that happens….
You start creating an authority for yourself after establishing these first two elements.
And all of a sudden, you’ll see that every time you publish a piece of content, that the first two is a given for Google.
What Google is really looking for is Authority.
How to understand search engines is basically, understand our business, and how to create the info about our products, about our services, in a good well-informed way, that folks enjoy reading.
SEO and Social Media
Don’t buy links…..PERIOD!!
How are people engaging with your content?
Are you engaging with them, with your content?
Are you creating the content, putting videos on them, sharing like real humans do?
Are you sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube?
You don’t need all of them to start a business, just the ones that matter to your audience. Where is your targeted audience,
Where is your targeted audience, that’s’ where you need to be?
Social Signal are the new backlinks, period….
The only links you need to worry about for now is social mingling with your content. This is the new breed of linking.
Organic Search Is Free Traffic
Yes, it takes some work, patience and focus to create a strong SEO Authority with people online and search engines.
But it pays off with free traffic to your website, products or services, with some simple strategies to put in place that if I can understand, when my cat can do it as well…
If you want to learn how to do Organic Search Engine Marketing and other powerful online practices, join the FREE Digital Media Learning Center for extra insights.
Thanks for reading
Latest posts by Dustin Watson (see all)
- 13 Steps to Good Business Practices Online for any market - October 4, 2016
- WordPress | 10 Lessons Learned When Creating Blog Categories and Tags - July 13, 2016
- Best 10 tools for a internet marketing company start up that saves time and money. - June 14, 2016