Everyone wants to know how to rank or get to the top of Googles SERP’S.
I get it….
I do, too…
But what folks don’t realize is that the best strategy, to begin with, needs a long-term mindset to actually build a solid long term SEO strategy.
Wrong Mindset To Begin With
The tactics and practices of optimizing media have changed from this keyword stuffing battle and backlinking the crap out of it…
This more modern day earns your respect in the search engine rankings, by creating personal content that matters and answers users questions.
The Web is full of shortcut, copy and paste tactics and optimizing plans that either misleads the optimizing beginners or misguide the curious seasoned veterans down a path of cheating Google, Bing, and others.
Have you ever came across a page full of keyword phrases?
Anyways, the best long-term strategy, to begin with, is using some real practices, that just shines with a common sense marketing approach.
Five SEO Questions That Suck
To begin let’s look at some questions that are short minded, short termed and don’t lead to generating anything at all.
What keyword phrases do you want to rank for?
How do I get links?
Should I Buy This Simple Silly Stupid Software For 99$/month To Help Search Results?
What About the Penguin and Panda Updates?
When Do I Get Money?
When Do I Start Using Automation Marketing Tools?
These are ineffective tactics or small moving parts to a much larger fundamental SEO strategy.
Except for the silly software one, of course.
and automation marketing one, too..
With all the changes the search engines make, over hundreds per year, they are cracking heads on SEO specialist that are spamming and cheating their way to the top.
It’s only in human nature to take the least resistant path to success, or an easy button to push the process along faster.
I’m picturing my Nintendo days, feverishly tapping the “A” button on “Tecmo Bowl”, breaking tackle after tackle.
Damn, I miss simple games.
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, “B”,”A”,”B”,”A”, Select, Start…Your Welcome Contra Fans…
Five Questions For A Long Term Optimizing Mindset
Let’s double tap into some serious questions that need to be answered for a fundamental SEO strategy that beginners or experts can honestly generate organic traffic through search engines.
How Does A Online Brand, Help Solve Searchers Questions or Problems?
Everyone is selling something online. That’s the main goal of practically any business, right?
So, what product or service do you create that helps or educate users into purchasing or believing in your message that you offer online?
How do you help them?
This is how…
That content “YOU” create and the experience you have endured, the unique words you choose, give this all away…
Give value to folks searching out your company. They will be thankful.
They will be thankful.
New marketers online, trying to tackle SEO and how creating content fits in, are creating content, but the optimizing element is a little shaky.
The main goal of SEO is to answer questions and queries that are being searched for, by you, me, him, her, my cats would if they could, how about billions of searches daily.
Don’t you think pleasing these visitors that are looking for writings to help them purchase, will benefit from you giving them what they want before they even purchase?
Give it to them….for Free.
What’s is the Unique Value We Provide That No One Else Does?
Hey, we’re so much better than all of the top ten searches on Google.
Find out the how and why you are ten times better than anything on the top of the ranking list.
Your Unique Voiced Content
Speak amazing words of wisdom
Generate quality driven value soaked content.
If everyone has unlimited ways to produce writings these days, how do you stand out above the rest?
If it is already been written about.
Here are five quick ways to help you do just that:
- Did they add a video to make that message personal? Videos are huge when it comes to a unique media strategy.
- Do the images stand out from the words, without diluting the text or confusing the eyeballs?
- Focus On The 80% of scanners online, is it scannable to read? Bullet And Numbered Points, Title Tags and Sub Tags.
- Especially since Aprils mobile update to search engines, how does it look on small screens? Short Screens? Any Screen?
- Are you using a well thought out blogging format that just shines with your personal preferences?
- How often do you create fabulous insights about your expertise?
- Which social media marketing strategy are you performing on a daily routine?
I know I added some extra’s, but just realize that
The way you create it personally will determine how well it performs.
Original insights are always better quality content.
Who Will Help Amplify Your Brand’s Message? And Why They Should Do it
As Social Media is a small portion of the overall optimizing strategy, it still is the vitally important part that a lot of marketers are getting wrong.
It’s not just about creating content that solves questions or concerns, trying to require social links or pointing links to it, then waiting for the content to rise to the top of Google.
We have to get our hustle on folks.
We have to be a distributor of social media, spreading the word honestly and professionally like you know what you’re doing online.
Not thirty Hashtags…
Not An Automatic Social Media Blasting Software…
And Please, DON’T, Buy social links from Fiverr, Warrior Forum, or any other link crappiness.
Fake links are Dead links….
Earning social links naturally is the fundamental best practice of building links in 2015 and Beyond.
The quality of the link, the quality of your link, and why is it linked?
From a mindset of building On Page Links to going out and earning every link we get, does change how effective we need to be, to get that brand online shared, liked or even trusted.
If we don’t earn the respect of an honest social follower to help amplify our message to their little communities and social groups, we will be shouting into an online channel of noise.
Pure and simple.
So, how do we get our stuff shared and liked?
Giving them a reason to share it, of course.
Brian Clark, Of CopyBlogger, once said,
If you can make someone look smarter on social media, you will win the war of a lonely social profile.
Give the folks a reason to share, like, trust, connect, believe, understand, and learn from your existence.
That betters their online existence…
Learning something new or interesting…
Making them laugh or smile by the time they leave…
Here are five more tactics for this journey we’re on creating a social sharing strategy for SEO purposes:
- Most important, 75%-25% rule.Share your stuff a third of the time you share others wonderful insights. This will start your catalyst you need.
- Like I said before, video marketing is a must if you even want to stand out online, period. Building that strong personal media brand.
- If I come to your site and see you’ve got 80 different social sites available, it tells me one thing, your fundamental priorities have been misleading and you need help ASAP…
- Abstract imagery that speaks your words with one Big Fat quick amazing image. No, money sign nonsense or corporate stock dried up eye soars, something simple for the eyes. A personal touch
- Podcast to listen to or infographics are popular on social channels but makes sure they make sense and are half way decent looking.
A multimedia approach to sharing online is a strong essential practice to help get your message off the ground.
Do the work, have the patience, and share what influences you most of the time, you will succeed in building that brand awareness online.
What is Your Process Of Turning Searchers into Online Customers?
So, you have learned and built a wonderful WordPress website.
You have your social profiles up and running properly. Ready to share and care.
Found a cool email marketing platform to start building that trust in your email marketing campaigns and sales funnel process.
What does your actual web marketing funnel look like?
How do we take people that visited our site for the first time from a searcher to a customer?
They had a problem or a question that they that answered by our content we created.
They’re interested, looking, starving for more info and insights about your products and services.
How do they become a customer?
Creating content that gives value and educates, all the while gently persuading users into trusting you, believing your marketing and finally, the main purpose of a business is reached….a brand new customer or client.
That’s a sign of a great SEO long term strategy.
I think personally, the sales funnel and email marketing go hand in hand.
The Funnel is the actual process of what it takes to purchase your product or service online.
They like your stuff.
They click and land on your landing page.
Don’t Forget, Landing pages are just a place for reassuring what you have for them, how fast they will get it and thanking them for trusting you.
They sign up to learn more about you, your business.
This is where email marketing can really help convert that lead into a believer.
Over the next couple days or weeks, you will have a campaign dripping messages out on certain days.
By using a blog post, personal experiences, adding easy access to training videos, or inviting them to a weekly webinar, this is where most sales funnels make or break the consumer.
Concentrate on finding out what your buyer’s journey looks like?
What stages do they take to purchase your stuff?
One More Thing…
Not all buying models are the same, not even close.
Unique buying processes online definitely change, depending on the industry or niche you are pursuing.
Keep this in mind.
How do we expose personal content in the best way possible for Google to crawl, index and understand clearly?
Quick Note To Self…
Since everyone searches from their mobile devices these days, your website presence has to be Mobile Friendly.
In April, Google announced that a Responsive Design ranking factor will come into play.
Meaning if your website design isn’t built to fit screens of all sizes, your ability to rank content will diminish.
You need to fix it and fix it fast..
Five Fundamentals For Exposing Your Media…
Five Fundamental Rules of creating content that will get crawled, indexed and understood faster, better, with more organic reach:
- If you create all original content, you will be loved by folks first, engines second. Create your own Personal Media Brand.
- Add reasons for users to stay on your site…podcasts, E-Books, cornerstone content, infographics, images, please add videos..extremely important. Give This All Away…
- Did you say back links? Well, then get your hustle on and produce solid content, presenting it to social channels in an honest and natural way...by being yourself.
- One way to be different than competitors is to do your research and do what they won’t or is scared to perform. The Stuffy Corporate World Have Rules…People love underdog stories. Also, think outside the box.
- Don’t over do the optimizing tactics. Remember Google takes over 200 elements into account when crawling your content. Original, Engaging, clear content spoken by you to a particular audience, always wins over any technical optimizing strategy every time.
- One more thing, you don’t have to be a complete stone cold writer to become a producer of media. Practice, practice, and more practice help. I am no seasoned writer, but willing to learn how to become one. Change your mindset…
Questions Any SEO Strategy Needs Answers For A Modern Day Approach
As the practice of optimizing content is a moving target, we need to understand the fundamentals of the target to clearly get what’s coming in the future.
The best long term strategy you need, to begin with, are asking yourself these five questions.
If you haven’t got an answer, go get them. Seek and destroy your wondering mind and go learn the solutions.
There are endless resources online to create a well-oiled strategy.
Contact me, and one on one, we will see how to better your overall strategy.
Yes, a strategy of this importance takes time, takes work, research, an understanding of your audience, and creating posts that passionately persuades folks to believe, trust you…
Then buy from you.
Thanks For Listening…
Latest posts by Dustin Watson (see all)
- 13 Steps to Good Business Practices Online for any market - October 4, 2016
- WordPress | 10 Lessons Learned When Creating Blog Categories and Tags - July 13, 2016
- Best 10 tools for a internet marketing company start up that saves time and money. - June 14, 2016